- France, Belgium or Luxembourg
- Germany or Austria
- UK or any remaining EU country or territory
1. General Description of AmazonCrossing. AmazonCrossing includes a variety of tools that allow translators, reviewers, and other service providers to locate available projects, agree to separate terms governing their provision of translation-related services, and submit translations of works and other materials (all materials submitted by you through AmazonCrossing, the "Submitted Materials") for use on or distribution through sites, services or applications that are owned or operated by Amazon or under any Amazon-owned brand (AmazonCrossing and these sites, services and applications collectively, the "Services").
2. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old or the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside to use AmazonCrossing. You may not open an account if you are a national or legal permanent resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or the Region of Crimea.
3. Identity. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise provide any false or misleading information, including any information provided in establishing an account or provided as to the origin of any Submitted Materials. You are fully responsible for all communications and activities that occur in relation to AmazonCrossing which involve your computer or computer facilities or your accounts, including your e-mail account and password, and are fully responsible for the actions of any agent, manager or other representative you authorize to act on your behalf with respect to AmazonCrossing, as if such actions were made by you.
4. Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant that: (a) you have all the rights necessary to grant us the rights granted in this Agreement; (b) the materials you submit and our use of them as authorized by this Agreement will not violate or infringe the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity and are not defamatory; and (c) all factual statements that you submit are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Amazon and its directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from all claims, liabilities, damages and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or in connection with the Submitted Materials or from your breach of this Agreement or your representations or warranties. Amazon does not undertake any responsibility, directly or indirectly, to any third person to whom you might owe royalties or licensing or service fees, or any other obligations or restrictions with respect to the Submitted Materials.
5. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. AmazonCrossing, and its features, tools, functionality and other facets, are made available on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable laws, we disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, with respect to AmazonCrossing, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will we be liable for any damages of any kind arising from your use of AmazonCrossing, including any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any materials submitted under your account.
(a) We may terminate any account at any time in our discretion and modify AmazonCrossing or discontinue or suspend offering AmazonCrossing, in whole or in part, at any time. Similarly, you may discontinue your use of AmazonCrossing at any time. We also have no obligation to use, post or distribute your Submitted Materials. We may monitor and, in our discretion, remove your Submitted Materials at any time.
(b) If you elect to provide suggestions, ideas, or other feedback to us (whether written, verbal or in any other format or manner) in connection with AmazonCrossing (“Feedback”), we will be free to use your Feedback in any manner without restriction of any kind and without any need for further licenses or agreements or to compensate you. All Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of Amazon. You hereby irrevocably transfer and assign to Amazon all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including all intellectual property rights therein. At Amazon’s request and expense, you will execute documents and take such further acts as we may reasonably request to assist Amazon in acquiring, perfecting, and maintaining its intellectual property rights and other legal protections for all Feedback.
(c) Taxes. You agree that Amazon and any AmazonCrossing participants that owes you any royalty or other payment in connection with AmazonCrossing may, but is not obligated to, withhold taxes owing from amounts payable to you and that you are ultimately responsible for paying taxes owed.
(d) Amendments to this Agreement. As a new and dynamic service, AmazonCrossing will grow and evolve over time. As it does, we’ll need to adapt the terms of this Agreement. Unless otherwise noted at the time of posting, changes to this Agreement will be effective immediately upon our posting of them. You accept changes by using AmazonCrossing after we have posted changes or, if we provide you a means of indicating your acceptance online, by clicking “Accept” or its equivalent. If you do not agree to the changes, you must not use AmazonCrossing after we’ve posted changes, other than to terminate your AmazonCrossing account in accordance with the procedures we provide at the time for account termination. We will give you notice of changes by posting them on AmazonCrossing or by including a notice during or after the log-in process. It’s your responsibility to check for changes. Changes to this Agreement will not affect any other agreement you have entered into through AmazonCrossing with Amazon or another AmazonCrossing participant prior to the effective date of such changes or any distribution rights you have granted through AmazonCrossing prior to the effective date of such changes.
(e) We may communicate with you in connection with your use of AmazonCrossing electronically and in other media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any customer communication or similar preferences or requests you may have indicated on the Amazon.com web site or by any other means. We may also share your contact information (including email address) with third parties for verification purposes.
(g) Neither this Agreement nor your use of AmazonCrossing will create or imply any relationship of agency, franchise, partnership or joint venture between you and Amazon.